Skip to main content

For every one who loves Christmas: Welcome to this carol party






Tick, tick the clock clicks, January is gone, February, March and the remaining months gallop away. Christmas is here. Many of our aspirations and dreams are realized; sometimes more are not realized. In a bid to celebrate the yuletide season, many preparations are made; shopping done and even Christmas decorations are done. Please, don’t tell me that the reason for the season is left out…. Yes! Jesus needs to be celebrated. Abi person fit go birthday leave the celebrant come dey celebrate himself? Nbanu- no way. Instead of going to a show that has nothing to do with Jesus or spending your hard money for a comedy show that barely makes you laugh, why don’t you go to a Christmas carol? Or better still organize one when there is none to attend. The following guidelines will help you organize a cost effective, interesting and no dull moments Christmas carol.
Decide on the size of the carol part – Do you want to organize the carol party for your church or is it a small get– together for your family and a few friends? Whatever your decision is, the size of invitees will go a long way to determine the organization of the party. I will concentrate more on a small guest party.
Choose a venue and date: Since this is December, the probability of rain falling is 1000/1, and it would make very nice scenery to choose an outdoor venue.  It could be your garden, compound etc. However, when you don’t have a good open space, your living room could do just fine. It would be preferable to have the Christmas carol prior to Christmas. Say a week or two to Christmas will be just fine.
Decoration: Who talks about Christmas carol without a Christmas tree? Just saying… A good decoration is to Christmas carol as grass is to the cow. For an outdoor decoration, apart from a big Christmas tree, other beautiful flowers could be used too. The chairs could be decorated in a round table style or any sitting arrangement that would enable close interaction. An indoor party would require less flowers asides the Christmas tree. This would ensure that the place is less crampy. No one wants to come for a party and feel like one has entered a florist shop.
An example of a round table sitting arrangement
Music:  For me it’s the soul of a Christmas carol. Classic songs like silent light, joy to the world bring the essence of Christmas to my very soul. One could invite friends with sonorous voices to sing these songs during the party. However, if you and your friends have frog voices like me lol,you could save yourself the stress and sing along with a recorded version of these songs. Some of our contemporary musicians have done great Christmas music like O  Holy Night by Mariah Carey that song makes me so emotional. You could give your suggestions on songs too.
Refreshment: The refreshment to be served in a carol party should be light after all it is not a dinner party, is it? Finger food, fries and soft drinks should be served. I hope no one even thinks of serving beers in a Christmas carol party?
Invitations: Some people would probably think this should come first but I totally disagree. Invitations should go out when all or almost all arrangement have been put in place for the carol. These invitations could be sent in form of SMS, calls or better still a customized Christmas card – that would be taking it a notch higher. Whatever worth doing is worth doing well?  Abi? 
These are my thoughts on what constitutes a great family sized Christmas carol, I hope you enjoyed it?  Other suggestions are highly welcome. Oya, lets join hands together and make this Christmas rock.
Photo credit: Google

Comments

Oh yeah! Thank God it's Christmas again! Welcome on board Sister, wishing all the best!

Popular posts from this blog

Fastest way to prepare Kunu Aya (Tigernut 100% Natural Drink)

It is a natural drink popular in northern Nigeria and it’s gradually getting popular all over the country. The original kunu which is a popular drink is called kunu dawa (made from millet and some other ingredients). However, despite how nice that drink is, it is heavy and causes one to sleep unlike this kunu aya which is light and easy to digest.  The first time I drank kunu was when  I attended a meeting and this natural, 100 percent African drink was served, I tasted this drink and it entered my head grimmmm…. Straight to my brain and I was like, what is this?  It tasted like a combination of soy milk, mixed with something that I couldn’t explain. It was so tasty. However, I could hardly believe it when I was told by my host that it contained zero percent sugar and I was really amazed.  After asking around, I was taught how to make this tasty, sugar free, natural drink and guess what?  It is easier than you ever imagined!      These are the major ingredients in preparing the drink:

BEFORE SENDING THAT APPLICATION! TIPS FOR APPLYING AND GETTING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD...

Considering the financial difficulties most students in Nigeria face, it is always a thing of great relief if they are given opportunity for further studies at minimal or no cost to them at all. Most students dreams of post graduate studies have been smashed as a result financial constraints! Mr Babajide Milton a COMMONWEALTH scholarship beneficiary, PhD researcher,graduate assistant, in the University of Manchester,gives important points to note before and when applying for scholarship for post graduate studies abroad, the controversies, the frustration and joy! This interview gives deep insight on scholarship application...   1. Could you please introduce yourself ? I am, Macaulay, Babajide Milton, a Graduate Teaching Assistant and a Final year PhD student studying Environmental Geochemistry and Geomicrobiologyat the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences in the University of Manchester, United Kingdom. I hail from Eti-Osa Obalendeon Lagos Island, Nigeria which makes

Story Time: How I Treated Burns With Natural Herbs!

Happy new year people! I hope you all had an exciting Christmas and new year celebration? Mine was so eventful that I didn't want the holidays to end at all. This year April will make it exactly three years that I suffered burns that almost disfigured me for life. When I tell people about this they find it so hard to believe because I healed so totally that I have very little scars left. Let me give you the whole gist... THE INCIDENT We always had this pressure pot that had been sitting dormant on our kitchen shelves for some unexplainable reason; we never got to use it. I decided to use it on one fateful day to cook cocoyam while preparing for church. Barely 10minutes after cooking the food and I brought it down and immediately tried to open the pressure pot, it was airtight and very stiff therefore difficult for me to open, I forced it open by applying all the force I could muster. Then the unexpected happened! The contents of the pot splashed all over my face, arms, shoulder an